The most popular shape in Italy; the name comes from the Italian word spaghi, which means "lengths of cord." Spaghetti originates from the south of Italy and is commonly used with tomato sauces, fresh vegetables, or fish.
When cooked, Barilla Spaghetti is graceful, elegant, and maintains its authentic shape. Gently rolling Spaghetti with a fork gathers the pasta with the sauce, delivering a delicious taste sensation in every bite.
As everybody’s favorite, Spaghetti pairs well with just about any kind of sauce. Try Spaghetti with simple tomato sauce, with or without meat or vegetables (medium-size chunks work well) or try it with fish-based sauces, oil-based sauces, or carbonara.
01. Bring 4 - 6 quarts of water to a rolling boil, add salt to taste.
02. Add contents of package to boiling water. Stir gently.
03. Return to a boil. For authentic "al dente" pasta, boil uncovered, stirring occasionally for 9 minutes. For more tender pasta, boil an additional 1 minute.
04. Remove from heat. Drain well.
05. Serve immediately with your favorite Barilla sauce.